Monday, January 5, 2015

First Day of Classes Winter Quarter 2015

It felt nice not having to go to class on a Monday until 3PM. The first class I had today was CHM122 (Chemistry 2). Overall it wasn't too bad of  a first day in the class. It certainly went by fast since the professor jumped right into the material that needed to be covered. The scary part however was at the end of class where she mentioned that there is to be a quiz this Friday which is going to be what she calls a "brain dump."Basically we have to memorize a full paper that she emailed us that contains an assortment of polyatomic ions, various electrolytes (strong, weak, non), and salt solubilities. Then, for the quiz we get a blank piece of paper and are asked to recreate the entire page :(. Normally, this stuff was a breeze last year since we were given the tables during  tests. Hopefully I'll be fine this Friday, I'm just going to be studying the flash cards I made a little while ago. The class I had right after was EGR100 (Engineering, Society, and You). I've gotta admit, I walked into the class expecting it to be easy one for me since it was something that wasn't a major core and was just for first years. The professor certainly made it clear within 5 minutes of being in lecture that the class was to be taken seriously. There are so many rules in the class it almost seems ridiculous. For example, for each grammatical mistake made in writing assignments you are deducted one LETTER GRADE on the assignment. Not only is this terrifying, but it means that I have to spend extra time on my assignments. Actually, that's not really a big deal now that I think about it... Regardless it's terrifying. After about a half hour of making us plan on what class we were going to replace his with, he lightened up and expressed his totally human side. I actually sort of enjoyed his personality toward the end especially since he originally is a graduated mechanical engineer. Despite the strict rules, I am still looking forward to the rest of quarter there and excited to see what it brings. I have yet to attend all of my classes for this quarter officially so we'll see how it goes tomorrow. I'm probably going to go play Borderlands 2 now since I'm totally bored. I'll talk more about my new classes tomorrow. Also a big shout out to Kat and Yanelli for following up on my blogs (they begged me to mention them, don't know why). Oh! I forgot to mention that I forgot my wallet on my way to the Bronco Bookstore. I guess my punishment was the walk all the way back to my room to get it. Anyways...... Until next time my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment