Friday, January 2, 2015

January 2nd, 2015

Today started off as usual when I'm on vacation from school. I woke up, got dressed for work, then headed out to work. I actually woke up refreshed in the morning, not feeling tired at all! It was probably because I hadn't had to work 2 days because of the New Years holiday. Regardless, things went pretty much as usual. I spent the majority of my time at work today working on a 2007 BMW 530i which was having trouble with multiple oil leaks and failed daytime running lamps. I knew from the start that whatever the problems were it was going to be 10 times harder and expensive to fix since it was an imported European vehicle. Don't get me wrong BMW's, and Mercedes are attractive looking cars but when it comes to reliability and fixing them, it's a whole different story! After a few hours I fixed the oil leaks (leaking drain plug and oil cooler gasket) and tracked the source of the faulty daytime running lamps to the lamp control module. Apparently there is a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) that had all the related symptoms that my specific vehicle was experiencing. Sadly, it listed the culprit as the lamp module. According to the TSB, the vehicle would need to be taken to a BMW dealership so that the techs there can flash the latest firmware onto the lamp module. If the new flash doesn't fix the problem, then the lamp module will need to be replaced. Sounds like a lot of hassle for lights no one really notices right? That's just the beginning with these cars. I knew today was gonna be the last day of work for this winter break, so I worked to finish all the cars that I started. I ended up doing so and now I'm free for now! I'm really looking forward to heading back to CPP to start my Winter quarter this Sunday! It will be nice getting to see my college buds again, and hopefully make a lot more crazy memories! I have big goals for next quarter, and I'm gonna bust my ass off to reach them. Another 10 weeks to make it right, and this time I'm ready! Bring it on winter. Until next time my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment