Thursday, January 1, 2015

January 1st, 2015 (My first blog post)

It's the start of a new year and I must say 2014 went by too fast! But then again that's what I say every year. I finally decided to try this whole blog thing out to hopefully provide me some sort of therapeutic writing while I attend school, and what better time to start than the beginning of a new year! :-) The idea first occurred to me while taking my English course last quarter. My professor would put us to write journals every class session for 10 minutes. The journal topics ranged from debatable topics to personal aspects of our lives. While the main goal of the journal was to help meet the quota for amount of words the be written through the course (10,000 words in case you were wondering), our professor explained that it could be used as "therapeutic writing." I never understood it at first, but then I realized after a while of doing it that it relaxed me. In person, I tend to not want to express emotion or my ideas publicly. While this is true, I do not consider myself as "antisocial." I still enjoy spending time with a select group of friends and going out. While being introverted makes large crowds unpleasant at times, I still enjoy meeting new people and expressing my sense of humor.I plan on posting on this blog from time to time when I obtain the chance. I'm not sure if it will turn into a daily thing, but if does I will most likely be doing my writing in the late nighttime. I hope it turns out to benefit me not only emotionally but to continue to improve my writing skills. Well, I'm not sure I have anything much to say at the moment, but I hope that through this post  you were able to get to know a little more background on me! Until next time my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment